Eugene - coburg crags, good info deleted

shapp

A recent thread on info about the status of access to the Coburg crags near Eugene was recently deleted, I suppose by the moderators, as it degenerated into a pissing match, although quite a funny one with cartoons and such. Anyway, It seams a waste to have deleted the entire thread as there was some good access info in the thread, could it not have been possible to delete the "offending" posts and leave the good info?

The only valid censorship of ideas is the right of people not to listen (or to read).

Now I suspose I will be banned for questioning the hand of god.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh Shapp, you can be such a drama queen! It wasn't I that moved it, but it was a good call. The main idea at play in the thread was that Oregon rock climbing threads always degrade into a snarky weasel dance. On a privately owned website "censorship" is not an applicable concern, no one's first amendment right was abrogated, you can say anything you want, you just can't necessarily say it here.

I did delete the attempts to continue the interpersonal battle onto another thread. This forum is not the springboard for any party to carry on personal vendettas.

I could ban you if you bribe me well enough, but you'll have to pay up front. Squid promised me a six pack if I would help his cc.com addiction by banning him, but the rat never paid up.

I was notified by a user regarding the thread and after quickly reading it decided to toss it in the garbage can. I have deleted the non-related material and have returned the locked thread to the forum.

I was notified by a user regarding the thread and after quickly reading it decided to toss it in the garbage can. I have deleted the non-related material and have returned the locked thread to the forum.

Oregonians (and S. Washingtonians) probably just need to put on the gloves and go a few rounds more often. It's all this rain I suspect, only the banana slugs are really happy about it, and I have my doubts about them too.

PEACE AND HARMONY LINK TO OLD THREAD

Take care all! Thanks Jon and Off.

I have deleted the non-related material and have returned the locked thread to the forum.

Thank you I think?

:)

I am surprised that you didn't just do this in the first place, as access concerns are allways near the forefront of our climbing community.

Oh Shapp, you can be such a drama queen!.... On a privately owned website "censorship" is not an applicable concern, no one's first amendment right was abrogated

Legally yes, morally no, when you see some of the other stuff that has been allowed.

And the stick man cartoon, how could you in good conciense take that away from the public domain! that was soooo funny!

Anyway, I still think you are hot, lets drink some beers and we'll see who plays the queen!

:)

post script: oops I just got the new terms and constions to check the box when I just logged in, and sextually oriented content is no longer allowed, so I guess the queen comment is now grounds for a spanking.

Edited by shapp