Midnight Rock is Now Open!

chossinator

There had been a lot of talk about climbing interrupting the nesting falcons on Midnight and Noontime rocks. I took it upon myself to try and reach a solution for the climbers and the birds. I had a couple of days off work this week and decided I would attemp to relocate the birds, since climbers are not going to stop climbing there. I was able to find one nest above the rollercoaster chimney area. It contained 2 chicks, and 3 eggs. I packed them up in a canvas sack and began to rap, the falcons were pissed but they got over it. Anyway I relocated them to the other side of the Wenatchee River where thay will be safe from Cpt. Caveman and the like. On the down side one chick did die in the process, but I think the others will be fine. The parent Falcons did find there way over to the new nest. A lot of work went it to this and I hope everyone appreciates the effort to solve this problem. Tell the rangers Midnight rock is free of falcons and is now open. [smile]

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic