FINALLY! Bin Laden DEAD!

jon

Occam's razor is not only a very blunt instrument but in this case it suggests Obama was executed.

Obama was executed? Holy Shit!

You are a moron.

right, someone obviously misspeaking is a moron LOLZ what a fucking retard

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it possible to have a conversation on here without calling each other names? Just asking....

Occam's razor suggests that people like KKK don't want a discussion to occur. Attacking people personally as he does systematically is a true and tried method of turning any discussion into a mud fight. Neofascists use that method a lot to demonize their opponents.

Occam's razor is not only a very blunt instrument but in this case it suggests Obama was executed.

Obama was executed? Holy Shit!

You are a moron.

right, someone obviously misspeaking is a moron LOLZ what a fucking retard

Yeah, like you'd cut FUX news, Rush, or anyone slack for the same thing?

And you are a moron irrespective of your little malapropisms, just an FYI.

logic says the perfect crime is to make the body disappear, as everyone knows but rob apparently.

Actually no, logic says the simplest explanation is the likely closest to the truth unless other evidence is laid out - or if you rather - the law of parismony, or an extrapolation upon Aristotle - if you want to get esoteric about it. Freshman logic class - really.

Occam's razor is not only a very blunt instrument but in this case it suggests OBL was executed.

knowing the existence of a concept is one thing, knowing how to apply it is even better, but clearly beyond the scope of freshman's logic class as Jim just demonstrated. :laf:

note the total absence of any argument addressing the matter at hand from the service goon. Didn't you guys know that i broadcast nationwide and have an army of editors and proof-readers to make sure there is no typos or misspoken words?

Edited by j_b

logic says the perfect crime is to make the body disappear, as everyone knows but rob apparently.

Actually no, logic says the simplest explanation is the likely closest to the truth unless other evidence is laid out - or if you rather - the law of parismony, or an extrapolation upon Aristotle - if you want to get esoteric about it. Freshman logic class - really.

quite a leap of logic there, i'd say. i think you are venturing into the territory of statistics, something to logically be leery of when dealing with geopolitics and the like.

While I often disagreed with some noted commentators on this site, I have to say, there is a creeping lack of wit and wisdom to some of these tirades lately. At least some of the arch-conservatives are bright. And Ian could always be counted on for a stick-in-the-eye. It's feeling like high school.

Accepting the official version despite the obvious red-herrings within mere days of a public announcement like last weekend's is plain bullshit IMO. First, the story is so weird and was evolving so fast at the beginning of the week that there was no telling which way it would go. Second, instead of pointing the finger at skeptics (justifiably skeptical considering our recent and past history), you should validate reasonable skepticism, which isn't in any way mutually exclusive with addressing oppression

While I often disagreed with some noted commentators on this site, I have to say, there is a creeping lack of wit and wisdom to some of these tirades lately. At least some of the arch-conservatives are bright. And Ian could always be counted on for a stick-in-the-eye. It's feeling like high school.

That must why you have been regurgitating all the smears and ad-hominem attacks by KKK. Your demonizing rhetoric doesn't pass the bullshit test.

it is not a leap in logic, it's a wrong application of Occam's.

well, i was gonna say "leap of faith", which it was.

true enough because the simplest explanation, considering how little we know, is that he was executed.

the law of parismony

whenever one refers to the "authority" of "law", best be wary, since often it signals a lack of a pertinent argument addressing the issue at hand.

"addressing the issue" with a series of internet kooks is about as productive as clapping with one hand.

BTW, being a contrarian on every subject does not separate you from the fold and make you "smart" - it's just plain annoying.

"addressing the issue" with a series of internet kooks is about as productive as clapping with one hand.

does calling them names increase the productivity level?

BTW, being a contrarian on every subject does not separate you from the fold and make you "smart" - it's just plain annoying.

i have no interest in separating myself from the fold, nor being "smart"; i'd venture a guess and say what really annoys you is that you don't agree with me, nor do you have the patience or desire to address the issues at hand. both positions are understandable.

so what's your argument again about Occam's razor in this instance?

Do I really need to explain this? OK then. You stated this

Accepting the official version despite the obvious red-herrings within mere days of a public announcement like last weekend's is plain bullshit IMO. First, the story is so weird and was evolving so fast at the beginning of the week that there was no telling which way it would go. Second, instead of pointing the finger at skeptics (justifiably skeptical considering our recent and past history), you should validate reasonable skepticism, which isn't in any way mutually exclusive with addressing oppression

...which more than insuates that there is some complex problem to be solved that skeptical reivew will unveil. No - a much more simple explanation will do. The overall tone of the above, as the Chomsky quote you provided - uses vagery to try and cast doubt on what appears to be a simple act - OBL got shot in the head - the guy is dead - without laying out any reasonable evidence than the usual hand waving. Logic doesn work that way dude. Seriously.

Also - I did not mention Ocman's Razor, which, if you are familar with the concept, is often misapplied to logic sequencing. I suggest you study up.

so what's your argument again about Occam's razor in this instance?

Do I really need to explain this? OK then. You stated this

You are cheating. You brought up Occam's razor to debunk OBL having been executed, not my post of last week.

..or more recetly:

:rolleyes:

Now if either of you can quote me citing Occamn's Razor I'm ready. If you cut and paste anything I wrote then you don't undersand the nuances of the concept.