Grivel vs. BD Crampons

mzvarner

I have a pair of trango extremes and I am considering a pair of vertical front point crampons. Whne i tried the fit of the Grivel crampons (G-14, Rambos) they seemed to fit better than the Cyborgs. What are the opinions of the populace of fit and function between the two?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Whatever fits. They all seem to work well (I've climbed on all your listed models).

My preference is towards the Rambo's as I love the splayed out secondary points letting me hook pillars and funky ice more easily. I hate the rigid plastic antibot and am going to cut mine out. They're mono-only, though.

I'd also look at the Petzl Dart/win and the Grivel G20/G22. A recent experience with these has converted me to the lighter side.

My 2 cents with the Rambo/G14 is that the curly loop toe bail is the only one I've ever had pop off a boot. Seems Grivel pons are a bit heavy and a bit heavier than Grivel says they are.

I have BD Sabers and have switched out the toe bails for Petzl toe bails and a much better fit.