[TR] Snow Creek Trail - 12/4/2010

mzvarner

Trip: Snow Creek Trail -

Date: 12/4/2010

Trip Report:

Thought I would try to fill you guys in on ice conditions around Leavenwroth. This is my first year ice climbing so to me it seems that there is A LOT of ice all over. We climbed at the first millennium wall. The ice was variable and by that i mean in one area of the wall it would be low angle hero swings with some running water over the tope, and in another be bullet hard vertical "dry" ice. It was fun with good temps IDK how to post photos so here is a link to my picasa page. ENJOY!

http://picasaweb.google.com/mzvarner/MillenniumWallIceClimbingDec2010#

Dont laugh to hard at me!!

Gear Notes:

If your going to top rope I suggest trying to go with some one that is comfortable leading the ice or be ok with soloing the one or two moves on vertical ice needed to approach from the left side of the wall. Other wise you do what I did and decide to solo 60 feet of mixed climbing, with no mixed climbing experience or health insurance!!!

Approach Notes:

took us 1.5 hours (stopped for pictures) to get to the climbs up the snow lakes trail. Trail is packed in nicely meaning snow shoes are not needed.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic