Petzl e+lite

dan_e

I got one from the first manufacturing run, which was almost five years ago from what I can recall. Since then it's mainly moved from pack to pack, being ready for the time I forget my headlamp. I check the battery condition every year and it's always the same which is crazy bright especially considering it runs on two CR2023 watch batteries!

Last season I saw a guy ice climbing and he had it attached to his harness. I thought that was a great idea and since then it's been on my biner that has of my bail gear on it (knife, cord, Tibloc, etc).

Well it finally got used yesterday since my friend forgot his headlamp and it worked great for about 30 minutes coming down the trail from Rap Wall (the temp was about 26-28 degrees). I may change the batteries, however they still seem to have some juice left for the next time.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

are they actually bright enough to justify the weight savings? I have never used one, I usually just carry a regular headlamp because they are much brighter. Would be interested to find out what others have to say as well?

Absolutely. Honestly, the e+lite is the one piece of kit that I believe every single climber should own. It's VERY bright, super reliable, weighs virtually nothing, takes up almost no room in a pack, and not all that expensive. There just isn't anything out there that competes.

I have 2. One stays in my cragging pack, the other in my little on-the-climb pack. These have saved my and partner's ass on multiple occasions. I change the batteries either once a year or when I think I've been using it too much. I've never had it go dead on me, so I can't tell you what that point is.

I got one to replace an older BD Ion which I lost. It was way brighter than the ion, although haven't seen a side-by-side comparison with the newer Ion, probably still brighter. I've never had any durability issues although it wouldn't be my first choice for midnight bushwhacking of course.

I wish I could find it now, seems to have wandered away . . .

I just have a Tikka Xp2, it aint that much bigger and has way more light and life, and my MilSpec phone (I actually ran this over and it still works) has a VERY bright LED and a huge battery---seems like technology is catching up fast with the little elite.

Edited by Coldfinger