• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
rocketparrotlet

Snow at Snow Creek Wall?

September/October is the perfect time to do SCW. Rock stays dry during the Indian Summer, temps are cooler (even without any cloud cover), crowds have thinned, and the fall colors can't be beat. I have many cherished memories of being on SCW at this time of year. Go get some now!

Sobo-OuterSpace_09-1990.jpg

The pic is from my very first trip up OS, shortly after moving back out here in late 1988.

Partners on this trip were Dave Turner and Larry Linik. Absolutely stellar day, and I got the lead for the croozer 1st pitch, the 3rd (crux traverse) pitch, and the 5th (first headwall crack) pitch! :)

Edited by sobo

September/October is the perfect time to do SCW. Rock stays dry during the Indian Summer,

That's Native American Summer to you.

September/October is the perfect time to do SCW. Rock stays dry during the Indian Summer,
That's Native American Summer to you.
I was waiting for someone to call me out on that one, Dan. :laf:

Dan, you know how much I hate all that PC bullshit. You just like toying with me, don't you...?? :whistle:

September/October is the perfect time to do SCW. Rock stays dry during the Indian Summer, temps are cooler (even without any cloud cover), crowds have thinned, and the fall colors can't be beat. I have many cherished memories of being on SCW at this time of year. Go get some now!

Sobo-OuterSpace_09-1990.jpg

The pic is from my very first trip up OS, shortly after moving back out here in late 1988.

Partners on this trip were Dave Turner and Larry Linik. Absolutely stellar day, and I got the lead for the croozer 1st pitch, the 3rd (crux traverse) pitch, and the 5th (first headwall crack) pitch! :)

is that one for the ladies sobo :)...

What's with all the tape?
First timer... was going on the recommendation of partners to tape up.

Clearly, tape is aid. Don't use it anymore. Feel better now?

and the pink shoe laces, and who the fuck took that pic??? obviously he was a legs man..

and the pink shoe laces, and who the fuck took that pic??? obviously he was a legs man..
Flourescent neon laces were all the rage on the East Coast when I left there in 1988.

Clearly, I hadn't switched to the Nirvana-esque West Coast grunge color scheme of the early 1990s yet... :rolleyes:

with shorts that short you need to worry about balls escaping from the shortleg and getting pinched by the harness leg loop :tdown:

Jeebus Christ, you fuq'n blighters sure are goddamn critical! Gimme a freak'n break, it's from 20-fuq'n-odd years ago, ferchrissakes! :rolleyes::laf:

How about a little help from the Ladies of CC.com, eh? Sherri, minx, Teresa, archie, Mel, anyone?

Will not one of you step forward to be my champion? (with all due apologies to King Arthur)