this one's for bronco

erik

CHEVROLET vs. ford

checked out the websites and compared engines on the 3/4 ton pu and the compact pu's. a note chevy has 5 engine options and ford has 3.

Silverado

size horsepower torque5.3 285 325lb ft6.0 300 3608.1 340 4556.8diesel 300 520

f250

5.4 260 3506.8 310 4257.3diesel 250 500

s10

4.3 190 250

ranger

4.0 207 238

one thing to note on the specifications is that all chevrolet motors at peak are running about 1000rpms on aver lower then the ford motors.....this wouild make them more effiecent and enviromentally sound. it also increases the useful life span of the motor......

general motors will also be the 1st auto manufactor to use fiber optic cables in their vehicles to replace the current wiring harnesses, reduces vehicle weight by a couple hundred pounds.... they also have introduced night vision and in car saftey/navigation/theft recovery devices.....very innovative.......

then we could get into asthetics and even financing, chevy still has em beat.

take it east bronco [Wazzup][Wazzup][Wazzup]

[ 01-16-2002: Message edited by: erik ]

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had a couple of Fords and a couple of Chevy trucks over the years. I think the Chevys, all in all, were the better rigs. They definately had better engines. I had a Nisson pu that didn't impress me much. My last rig was a 2000 Ford Expedition...biggest piece of hulking shit I've ever had, plus $460 month lease payt. Yikes!Sold it and now have new Subaru WRX road mauler...awesome!

trask

quote:

Originally posted by erik:
looks like you guys(must be ford owners) are compensating for the lack of something......

and bronco you are right about my truck being puny, but it is still invinsible just ask it and the 93k in 2.5 yrs i have put on it.

Compensating for lack of class, climbing skillz, good looks, intellegence, you name it I gotta compensate. Except for my vehicle haw haw! I am really impressed with your 93k you probably put on driving up and down I-5 and performing drive by shootings at exit 38. Try to work the truck a little, try draggin a 2000lb log through a swampy medow at 6000' elevation. I'll come so we can get your truck back to town for some fixin or just drag it to the wrecking yard where it belongs. I bet the chicks like yours better though and THAT, is really the bottom line wink.gif" border="0

And I thought I traded cars frequently! Ilike watching the Subarus on Speedvision, especially when they have been rolled three times and after the shock wears off the driver jumps out and kicks the beast 'cause it won't start right back up. I can easily visualize Trask in a car like that with the big ass fog lights blazing in the daylight.

ps. Watch out for the 100K half life on the Subaru's. They don't totally quit, but important components begin to decay with more frequency than other Japanese iron. Sort of like the Chevys and Fords I have owned. Failed radiators, transmission seals, power steering components, transmission lines, etc., etc. No DOA's, but a big pain in the ass that I haven't suffered with Honda's, Toyota's or any German or Swedish hardware. Yep, owned some of each. That's what happens when you live with a houseful of teenagers.

wesman, too much to get into the the reason behind multiple engine options, but it comes down to making a truck for everyone. not everyone needs a diesel or a v10, but when then do go CHEVROLET.

granted at least fords are better the mopar/dodge.

bronco, you got more class then me.....

and you are right about your f250 power stroke out doing my truck, but lets compare apples to apples......

and jay is sooooo right about the party in the s10, just ask tricia, kelli, jay, crack, jason, marci or k8 thank god there were more girlz then dudes there. whos hand is that anyways???? and crack i am watching where you are looking.......