bacon art

ivan

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know who in the world chopped the old fixed hank of rope off of LOLP last week? It was part of the history and not hurting anyone or anything, and a remnant of times gone by. Who in their right mind thought that they had the right, I am very curious? Sad times.

That is F---ed UP!! You are right Steve. Who the hell did it. I want to know. There was a very good reason for that fixed line being there. DAMN IT!!!!

well, i'm no forensic scientist, but i'm thinking the list of suspects contains no more than about...uh...4 names so i think its.....you, steve! you so slyly thought you could do the accusing and escape the awful noose of justice and yet here we find you, justly betrayed by your own treachery! PREPARE TO DIE!!!

seriously...just confess dood...it'll feel a whole lot better afterwards, i swear :)

Wasn't me, or the slathering the LoLP anchor against Jim's wishes.

And, call me a kiljoy, but "sad times", realy? seriously? People dying or being injured or dropping their partner on their dog - those are sad times - but the untimely demise of a hank of old rope? If that constitutes 'sad times' then I think you're either losing grip on reality or have a pretty wide drama streak.

Having come up in the LNT generation, I have to confess to not really getting the attachment to less-than-historic human detritus that accumulates on stone and tree from our passages over time. I've always thought the emphasis should be on the stone and routes themselves. All my memories and emotional attachments in climbing are of people, lines and moves - not all the ancillary trappings and crap we hang on the rock and trees. The odds are good whoever did it simply thought they were doing everyone a favor taking out the trash, and rightfully so unless thrashed chunks of ropes have now somehow become historic. Sentimental? Ok, sure, fine, take it home, weave a rug, make key fobs or whatever, but short of installing a curio cabinet up on LoLP I fail to see the point of leaving it hanging up there.

I'm sure some folks were bummed when Bryan, Ivo and Gave cleaned all the garbage off Zodiac, but then all the Nose and Heart anchors and ledges would also be eyeball deep in crap if it were allowed to sentimentally accumulate up there. Only in an As-The-Bacon-Turns world could this possibly constitute "sad times". As it is, I'm left sitting here trying to imagine just what Warren Harding, Dean Caldwell, Kim Schmitz, or Eugene Dod would make of this tragic whodunit.

Wow, thats quite a diatribe coming from someone who professes their innocence! I wasn't pointing any finger at you Joe. I do find it strange you quote all these Yosemite routes and folk but say you don't like granite and crack climbing and don't go to Yosemite, cracks me up so to speak.

Some people like momentos of the past, you don't have to. Beacon rock is a traditional climbing area. If you love things all clean and tidy, maybe Ozone is the place for ya, everything in its place, no old tat to bother with.

Ivan, you funny guy you! Youre busting my nuts! Way to get it done on the Dirty Double. Now about that Arena of Terror....

route finding's never been his strenght, but he does reliably have beer n' stoogies, so he makes the team...

tell me the weather sucks out there right now dave - after two days of being soaking wet in dipshit adventures outside i bailed on my beacon plan only for it to be actually kinda nice out my window this morning :anger:

Wow, thats quite a diatribe coming from someone who professes their innocence!

I'm not 'professing' anything, I'm simply letting you know I didn't do it. And the rest is no 'diatribe', but just a simple statement of opinion.

I do find it strange you quote all these Yosemite routes and folk but say you don't like granite and crack climbing and don't go to Yosemite, cracks me up so to speak.

Only Warren was strictly a Valley person - Dean, Kim, and Eugene are born and raised Beacon climbers who would no doubt be laughing their asses off at your little drama. Dean is down at Saturday market, feel free to go get his opinion.

Some people like momentos of the past

Again, cool - take it home and hang it on your wall or weave a rug.

Beacon rock is a traditional climbing area. If you love things all clean and tidy, maybe Ozone is the place for ya...

Hard to imagine you could get that more completely ass-backwards if you tried, but such is the logic these days.

route finding's never been his strenght, but he does reliably have beer n' stoogies, so he makes the team...

tell me the weather sucks out there right now dave - after two days of being soaking wet in dipshit adventures outside i bailed on my beacon plan only for it to be actually kinda nice out my window this morning :anger:

Yep, it's wet now but trying to dry out...

I trained him on the beer!

Does anyone know who in the world chopped the old fixed hank of rope off of LOLP last week? It was part of the history and not hurting anyone or anything, and a remnant of times gone by. Who in their right mind thought that they had the right, I am very curious? Sad times.

I heard it was JH.