Read this before it is deleted!!!! Censorship sucks.

Matt_Anderson

Once again, a post of mine was deleted from this board. This makes two this morning.

Here's a recap:

Deleted Post 1: I reported on a topic of universal interest - the Moondance. I saw it. It was beautiful. I was in tears. This post was deleted with no explanation.

Deleted Post 2: I sent out an inquiry asking why the original post was deleted. Someone replied to that post asking about the Moondance (confirming that it is a matter of intense curiousity for the people who read this site.). Nonetheless, that was not the subject of the post. I simply wanted to know why it was deleted. This post was also deleted without explanation.

I recognize that the Moondance is a powerful even electrifying work of art. Surely, however, the personalities of those who post on this site are not so delicate that they cannot survive exposure to a post only tangentially related it.

What's next?

Deleting all posts with the words moon or dance? This would severely limit the quality of discussion on this site.

Surely discussions of night climbing would suffer without mention of the moon?

If someone broke out into dance due to the joy of having a completed a particularly beautiful or difficult climb, should that person be prevented from sharing that joy with an accurate trip report?

I suggest that those who disagree with this heavy handed censorship protest by inserting the word moondance into every post they write.

It can be done creatively: "Gee, I think your bolting controversy is boring, but as I was moondancing last night, I had a vision! The whole contrversy can be solved by . . ."

It can be done without much effort: "So that concludes my trip report on climbing 5.18 at 14,000 feet in the Saharan Desert last summer. Moondance."

It could merely be included in your signature: "Sincerely, Matt Anderson, President of the Moondance Mafioso"

But it most be done. Register your objections to censorship absent self-restraint or accountability!

Matt Anderson

President

The Moondance Mafioso

Matt

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic