Seattle: Chest Beaters

Taking a short hiatus from the alpine I have ventured deeper and deeper into the current crag set spewing forth from the bowels of Seattle.

Observations? Alot of folks are really pretty much bungy losers (pronounce BUNG-E). Not that I care if someone climbs hard or not. Climbing for climbing sake is rewarding and I respect anyone's right to be there, but quite a few of the people I've met are so self absorbed, arrogant and stand offish that I simply want to make them go away. GAPERS! To all you quiet types out there that say hello, are friendly, and are having fun I apologize and this does not pertain to you.

A friend of mine went solo to a crag the other day offering leads to whoever was willing to let him join in on their ropes. So many gapers were unwilling to let a new friend into their ranks. What gives with that? Self absorbed asshole wanna-be's.

The other day some female gapers were loudly spewing about how they were going to send their 10b tick list, but flailed all over a "rated" 5.6 with bolts. In the alpine I would have called that line 4th class. Get over yourselves people and please move somewhere else.

Seattle....home of the wanna-be's. Some folks need a class on common decency and how to be cool when crammed into the meat locker climbs of Sporto Land.

SL

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

why do we need to boast such things as 10b? It's one thing if it's an accomplishment that you really worked at, it's another to talk shit when you still have you're feet on the ground. I'm proud of the climbs I have completed, but hope I don't come across as 'I just bagged that peak, how bout you?' as if 'what do you have to say for yourself?'

I would say it's about the magnificent peaks and terrain, combined with the physical challenge that we pursue these places. Leave the attitudes at home...we are all in pusuit of the same pleasure gained with climbing. What gives with these folks being anal about having others join in? Has the click mentality from high school not been shed?

• 3 weeks later...