Memorial Day w/e - Before the Knife Falls

sobo

So it seems I have to go under the knife in early June, and the doc is telling me that this is gonna hurt for a while afterwards. Since last year's climbing season was such a bust, what with my divorce and all, and it looks like if I don't get out over the MD holiday, then it will be another bust season.

Since this will be my first time out this year, I'm looking for some mellow cragging not too far from the car. Lightning Dome in Idaho is my first choice, but I could be convinced to go to Der Town (Pearly Gates, Goat Dome, Icicle Buttress, SCW, Castle), WA Pass, or the Tieton. I'd be looking to car camp for a couple nights.

When I'm in shape I lead both trad and sport in the low 5.10 range (hey, I'm old and no longer bold), but at this juncture I don't think I wanna be leading anything over 5.8. My head's just not there yet for the harder stuff, but I will thrutch my way up it if you ropegun me.

Any takers out there? Sherri? minx? Kurt (Hicks or Feck)? Summerprophet? kevino? Bala? Toast? Dane? pindude? Anyone?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic