Where would you go?

Nathan Smith

Hi everyone,

My girlfriend and I are moving to Canada this November/December to work for a year, maybe a bit more. So we're looking for a place where I can pretty much take up ice climbing and mountaineering full time, I'm new to mountaineering and ice climbing but want to bring myself to a reasonably high standard. My girlfriend doesn't climb, but were both keen to do some back country skiing, her more than me I'm a rock climber (onsighting trad 11a/b). Our thoughts have been Banff/Canmore for the winter then Sqamish for the summer this way we'll see a bit more of the country.

Any thoughts/suggestions/info for any area in Canada will be appreciated.

Thanks

Nathan and Karralla

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets make it more specific.Which would be best for: climbing and skiing on your door step, climbing partners easy to find, and the clincher job opportunities. I only aspire to be a part time kitchen hand. Climb by day, work by night, free food what more could a climbing bum want besides accommodation, gear and a lift pass?

N&K

Edited by Nathan Smith

OKay GS had that coming. I'm In Australia so info on this area is limited especially for climbing. Can you guys point me in the right direction for where i can find sites with maps of climbing areas and sites where i might be able to find a job and a place to stay. I think i ready to leave the basement.

Cheers

Nathan