[TR] Hidden Lakes Peak - 2/6/2010

tanstaafl

Trip: Hidden Lakes Peak -

Date: 2/6/2010

Trip Report:

HiddenLake120605-8adj.jpg

Hiked/skied in to Hidden Lake Peak Lookout on Saturday and spent the night snuggled in at the most deeeluxe accomodation I've had in the BC, skied out on Sunday. View on Saturday were killer, views on Sunday were.....limited. The skiing was a C, maybe B-, but the destination was A+. (See fine photo by Mister Scurlock.)

Gear Notes:

Best to have skins that actually stick to your skis.

Approach Notes:

Road is open to the trailhead although a bit icy for the last couple hundred yards. Trail is snow-free or bootpack through the woods, skinning begins where it opens up to avy paths and meadows.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hah, someday I will come north and sample the high-end Canadian hut lifestyle, but this weekend the solitude of Hidden Lake Peak was just what I needed.

Plus there were entertaining ledger entries from various cc.com posters, not to mention an array of heartbroken women writing multiple pages about the relationships they had supposedly come to the lookout to forget (the best of which ended with a wish that her ex would have ugly babies), a gentleman announcing that women who had climbed the peak might be worthy to climb into his bed and should contact him at a PO box in Marblemount, political commentary, entries ostensibly written by marmots, mushy entries by newly-engaged couples, etc. etc. good fun.