Cell Reception on Slesse?

Colin

I'm curious if one can find cell-phone reception on the North/East aspects of Mt. Slesse. Have any of you successfully made a call while on Mt. Slesse in the past couple years? Whenever I'm in SW BC my phone connects via "Edge Wireless," so I think that is the service that's in question. Thanks for any input.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I made a successful phone call from the summit. I use Verizon, so whoever they have a deal in Canada with has a signal on the very summit. I am not sure about lower down.

FYI I also made a successful call from the top of Joffree a few years ago. Things might have changed as there is no longer analog except for 911 calls anywhere in Canada or the US, so the coverage is not as good as a few years back

Rogers is one of the three big Canadian wireless telecoms, if that's of use. They're gearing up to profit from roaming charges during the Olympics, so I'd bet that if you can get signal, you can make a call... Check with your carrier to be sure.

"A narrow and deserted street in deep shadow, high houses, innumerable windows with venetian blinds, a dead silence, grass sprouting between the stones, imposing carriage archways right and left, immense double doors standing ponderously ajar. I slipped through one of these cracks, went up a swept and ungarnished staircase, as arid as a desert, and opened the first door I came to...." - Conrad

Safe hunting, Colin. :).