Skip Thanksgiving - Climb Rainier

von

Looking to climb Rainier again before heading to Aconcagua in December. Would fly into Seatac by 9am on Nov 25th or night before, plow up to first camp, back down by Friday or Saturday depending on conditions. Last ascent was on ptarmigan, so open to route suggestions.

If interested - pm me asap and I'll book flight.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can i ask, anyone's two cents about climbing around thanksgiving -- I don't see hoot about climbing in late November much of anywhere -- glaciers still out of season in combination with weather windows (lackof)/low pressure systems moving through to boot?

our group was tossing around the idea of going up the DC but would like to get anyone's feedback or alternative suggestions (elsewhere). not meant to co-opt your thread but might be a good place.

Oh yeah. Trip planning this time of year revolves around long nights and cold/wet northern weather.

Even Hylite can be wet this time of year.

I plan on packing a good book into a scenic spot and stoking a bonfire. There might be some skiing involved.

I bloodied my knuckles so many times with one of those I finally decided to sell it to Capt Caveman.

It IS a light 3rd tool but the advantages stop there.

Not for ice dood, for alpine rock and ski mountaineering.

Check out the BD alpine hammer.