Collections?

Dane

You should create your own museum - that is an impressive collection! Ken Burns should contact you if he ever decides to do a documentary/series on mountaineering in North America! Very cool to look at the changing times in technology that is preserved in the (do I dare call them this) artifacts that you have. Thanks for sharing!!! :brew:

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know about Joe's stuff. But Bill helped me a bunch of times by letting me use his library for research before trips. I had thought much of it (Bill's) was actually the Spokane Mountaineer's library.

If not, hopefully it was donated as such as the basis for a SML.

Steve Reynolds would know I bet.

At some point in the future I'll donate these as a collection.

Doug Robinson and I have chatted about a "ice climbing project" just for that occasion and others like it.

The Spokane Mountaineer's part of Bill's books was a subset of that entire collection. The last I heard (which was several years ago) SPL was negotiating with Bill and Harriet Fix to receive Bill's collection, but I don't think that ever happened. Steve R, do you know if it ever found a permanent home? Joe Collin's photos are the best collection of climbing pictures from the post WWII era I have ever seen, comparable to Ira Spring's. His famous climber signature collection is wild.

Sorry everybody for thread highjack.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...