[TR] Squire Creek Wall - Slab Daddy V, 510+, A0 9/20/2008

DavidW

Hey, way to go! I've been wondering when someone else would go up it. Yours is the first subsequent trip I've heard of.

It looks like you got an early start. That seems a requirement for doing the DIAD - Daddy In A Day! Do you think you would have been able to make it all the way down to the car if you could get water along the route? There are places to get it...

Congrats!

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'll second the thanks for all the hard work put in by Dave and the crew. And yes, it was hot that day. Thankfully there was water at the balcony bivy. I doubt we would have continued forward if it wasn't for the pleasant surprise of the 2 gallon water jug.(which I brought down and left on the top of the second pitch, refilled.) We could have continued rapping in the night, but the milky way was thick, the stars bright, and an awesome quiet setting to spend the night. Great climbin' with ya Jim!

What a pleasure to read all the good cheer and glad tidings from everyone! It truly was more fun than work and I had priceless help from talented friends.

Congrats to Jimbo and Dirtyleaf for their ascent. I'm glad you got to spend a night at the balcony. There's been more than a few nights when we COULD have rapped off and gone home. But the starry nights ARE awesome... One night Dan Dingle and I were there during one of the autumn meteor showers...

My thanks to all and to to all good climbing!

• 2 weeks later...