Retrosaurus

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Redpoint with you?

I'd be more like comic relief.....

I'm nowhere near that level, now, or possibly ever. I'm 42 now, and just getting to lead out 5.6 or so, still learning to place pro.

I'm better at snow/glacier slogging at this point. My current goal is Forbidden Pk, after seeing it from Eldorado last fall. Maybe Stuart after that...

Reading about everyone else's exploits in the meantime is great, though... [big Grin]

I'll take the bait....

I think bolts are fine at beginner spots; for hacks, beginning climbers, and lurkers such as I, but don't want to see them anywhere in the backcountry on "real" routes. If I can't climb it clean there, I don't need to climb it....

Helos on rescues ? Certainly a place for them, and I'm sure any family member of an injured climber would agree. Speaking for myself, though, I'd rather do anything I could to get out of the shit myself.

Broke my hip in May on a mountain bike, and rather than wait for help to arrive, rode my bike out on fire roads instead of the trail (one-legged pedalling works fine....) Yea, it was just two miles, but I felt better doing that than calling in the local FD...