• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
dt_3pin

Moving to PDX. Looking for Housing

My wife, little boy, and I are moving to PDX sometime this summer, and are looking for a rental house. Thought I'd tap the CC brain trust for some leads.

We're looking for a 2-3 bedroom house, preferably in the Laurelhurst, Hawthorne, or Sellwood neighborhoods. We'd like to be close to downtown where I'll be working, and walkable to parks and shops for my wife and little one. We're an established professional couple, so we're looking for something nice, not a beater rental.

We'd also consider the Alberta and Alameda neighborhoods, but are concerned about crime/safety. Those neighborhoods seem to be really hit or miss on that front. For context, we currently live in the Sunset Hill area of Ballard, and are looking for a similar family friendly feel.

I'd appreciate any and all thoughts on PDX neighborhoods and tips on possible rentals.

Cheers,

-dt

I have a 3 bedroom/3 bath 60s ranch available June 21st in SW PDX (Hillsdale/Multnomah Village). Stones throw to OHSU/parks/etc etc... shoot me a PM for pics/etc

NoPo is fine as long as you dont mind punching the occasional hipster :laf:

Jackpot! Johns house is in a nice area and a nice place to boot. Great schools, near downtown.

NoPo is fine as long as you dont mind punching the occasional hipster :laf:

As a resident of NE, I find this funny! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

We'll likely be moving out of our 3 bedroom rental house near 39th and Hawthorne in August if the landlord raises the rent. Our plans are not yet firm since we don't know his intentions. However even if it is raised, the rent is easily within the range of a working couple.

The house is a nice 2-story craftsman with hardwood floors downstairs and 1 3/4 baths. Lots of hipsters in this neighborhood, but many old ladies as well. Plenty for wife and child to do and Fred Meyer is just down the street. Downtown is 2 miles away. We are going to be here at least until the end of July when we're taking the Oregon state bar exam.

Send me a PM if you'd like to know more and aren't looking to move until August at the earliest.