BD ATC-Sport Rant

Blake

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The new single BD device looks a lot like the one on the left shown here. But made current with a few obvious improvements.

aea.sized.jpg

"Trendy?"...ya, like 30 years old or so now.24.gif And good enough for dozens of climbs done on single ropes Back In The Day that also required rappels to get off.

Liberty Crack, Slipstream VI WI4+, Tsunami 5.11d R (3 pitches trad 11b, .11d, .11c R ), Clean Crack, Malmute, 5.11

Which made the new single BD ATC Sport good enough for me to use on Pineapple Express and Dragontail this winter among other things including one of the gazillion of TRs out at Vantage.

Hemp ropes were originally the only climbing ropes.

I used my hemp rope on many climbs at that time.

:

If Mammut comes out with a Hemp Rope in 2010, sign me up!

Most of the Welsh/Brit/Scottish climbers I know like to use half ropes, even for cragging. Perhaps you are talking more the sport-climbing crowd though.

Maybe you should talk to the French/German/Italians/Swiss/Slovenes.... the ones who actually live in the mountains.

I'm sure they'll lose money on the whole $100 or whatever it took to develop it.