• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
powderhound

RIP Shane McConkey

link

That's too bad. They don't say how he passed. Ujahn was telling me that you're up here and think you're doing well hucking 40-50 big air footers: then you go to Squaw and those guys are hucking them and doing backflips....you're like...thats out there.

This sucks.

He was one hell of a skier. I'll have to watch some MSP videos in memory.

Damn. That is too bad. Condolances to his family. He's leaving quite the legacy and I loved the fact he never took himself too seriously despite his huge success in the industry.

RIP Shane. I got a chance to hang out with him back in the winter of 94-95 at Squaw - great guy - very humble. Drank some Jim Beam and grooved out to Maceo Parker.

I'll never forget being psyched to have skied Extra Chute and then being humbled by Shane, Kent and the Gaffneys pulling back flips off the top of the Pallisades. He'll be missed.