This makes me ...

PhöQ

Dear friends,

Layton Kor, who is one of America's most legendary rock climbers, famous for his bold ascents in Colorado, the Utah Desert, Yosemite, the Eiger and elsewhere, has maintained a veil of privacy about himself for decades, rarely giving lectures, and almost never autographing books.

We have been in touch with him for several years, and last week he finally agreed to allow us to visit and have him sign copies of his own book, Beyond the Vertical, as well as many of the books in which he plays a leading role such as Fifty Classic Climbs of North America, Direttissima, and many more.

Although Layton is only 70 years old, he is in ill health, and that has forced him to seek income from that which he holds dear, the sacrifice of some of his privacy and modesty.

We do have multiple copies of most of these items listed below, but not large quantities of anything, so if you have ever desired an autograph of one of the true legends of 20th century rock climbing, this may be your best chance

Seems wrong to me to take advantage of a hero to many :(

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah... I know...if opportunity knocks...but something just dosent sit right...ahh well, I have my copy of BtV and I just appreciate it for what it is, practically a holy tome as is.

I'll just pour another drink, have a bong7bp.gif and just sit down.

Dear friends,

Layton Kor, who is one of America's most legendary rock climbers, famous for his bold ascents in Colorado, the Utah Desert, Yosemite, the Eiger and elsewhere, has maintained a veil of privacy about himself for decades, rarely giving lectures, and almost never autographing books.

We have been in touch with him for several years, and last week he finally agreed to allow us to visit and have him sign copies of his own book, Beyond the Vertical, as well as many of the books in which he plays a leading role such as Fifty Classic Climbs of North America, Direttissima, and many more.

Although Layton is only 70 years old, he is in ill health, and that has forced him to seek income from that which he holds dear, the sacrifice of some of his privacy and modesty.

We do have multiple copies of most of these items listed below, but not large quantities of anything, so if you have ever desired an autograph of one of the true legends of 20th century rock climbing, this may be your best chance

Seems wrong to me to take advantage of a hero to many :(

Be glad that a source of income was available for him to take advantage of requiring only the stroke of a pen.

Never heard of him.

figures

Be glad that a source of income was available for him to take advantage of requiring only the stroke of a pen.

Granted this is very true and he is fortunate that his ink stroke is golden, but ultimately it is very sad that it came to that.

I guess we can all thank Dubya for allowing Mr. kor to have to go againsed his values just to have heath care and food on the table.

This country needs to do what Japan has done to recognize and honor those who have become masters of their particular art or craft,and have made groundbreaking contributions, which is to name them National Living Treasures, and to provide a lifelong stipend of support.In the climbing world, Layton Kor would surely be one of these.

Never heard of him.

:shock:

That about figures. Of course you've never heard of him. And yet you talk smack all day about *climbers* on a *climbing site*? You really are an incredible douchebag.

Look him up - read a little. It won't hurt, I promise.

Goddamn you are an idiot!

- Peace

I guess we can all thank Dubya for allowing Mr. kor to have to go againsed his values just to have heath care and food on the table.

Although it gives some a warm fuzzy feeling inside to point the finger in another direction, it is ultimately the fault of those who fail to plan for their own future and they have no one to blame but themselves. No one is immune from this, regardless of fame.