[TR] Mt Hood - SS 1/10/2009

letsroll

Trip: Mt Hood - SS

Date: 1/10/2009

Trip Report:

Thought I would share. Not really Freshies, more like old, icy, wind blown snowiez.

Thanks for everybody who showed up. I had a good time hanging out. Too bad we were able to hang out, but you get what you get.

Now for the important stuff. Conditions report. Winds were high, snow was being transported to sout east facing slopes. There is blue ice all over the place making skiing interesting. If you can link up the soft snow patches it was good turns. We only made it up to the half way point on Plamer. We made the call there cause visibility was not that great due to blowing snow and ice looked to be more problemmatic as we went higher. It is not all about the down, but that is a large portion of getting up there. I appeared that there was no good way down from hogs back due tow the blue ice on the slopes. Later this week as we get a corn cycle things will improve and creamy turns will be had. Think Wend-friday and possibly next weekend if the weather holds that long. In the mean time stick to the groomers for

the best turns.

hood_SS_1102009.JPG

Thomas_Hood_SS_1102009.JPG

Peeps_in_wind_Hood_SS_1102009.JPG

Windy_turns_Hoos_SS_1102009.JPG

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Below treeline the turns were very nice.

I don't turn much,more of a point and shot skier,but if its fresh powder i'll lay down some clean cuts in the bowls and have been checking out the Ski and stay deals for 3-5 days,Sun Valley Idaho or Mt.Bachelor Oregon maybe med February for the dry powder!

WOW as i was about to post a Bachelor TV Advertisement came on?

But from your Pic. its looking like its time to summit Hood!