[TR] Southern Yosemite - PFA - 18 cans of Oly 11/14/2008

eatsleepclimb

Trip: Southern Yosemite - PFA - 18 cans of Oly

Date: 11/14/2008

Trip Report:

Hey everybody,

i've decided to post a picasa album (since i still haven't figured out how to include photos in my TR's) of a possible first ascent i was able to rope solo a few weeks ago in Southern Yosemite.

The only evidence i found of a previous ascent was a two bolt anchor on the ledge traversing near the top of the formation, with no evidence of where the previous ascent went and a million possibilities. I only drilled bolts to protect prolonged sections of run-out slab climbing (in excess of 15-20 ft) to link cracks together.

The route name and motivation is a dedication to my bro Matt Peterson who passed away working on a wind farm in Texas. We had a few good climbing trips together in the area which always seemed to commence at the 18 pack section of the grocery store in North Bend, and I will always remember him. Peace!!

http://picasaweb.google.com/randomuniquename/18CansOfOlyTributeToMattPeterson#

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Matt:

You can host photos here, click on the Gallery link in the row of links and follow those directions.

To post photos in your tr, look at the row of icons above the pane where you type in text. The camera icon will link to any gallery photos you've posted, or you can click on the 4th icon in from the left, a page with a corner turned down and a couple blue dots. This will open a dialog box where you can enter the url of the photo you want to post. The only caveat is that the address needs to end in .jpg or .gif, the two image file types accepted here.

PM me if you need more info

Off