New to the area

snow_angel

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come down to Stone Gardens gym in Ballard. It's a pretty good gym with a lot of bouldering and plenty of topropes/lead. It will be a good place to get in shape for the spring season as well as meet some good people to climb with. I'm there 3-4 times a week usually and it's always fun to get a group together bouldering or whatever.

Edited by Choiniere

but beware the partners forum as well!!!!! there are lurks who dont know their arm from their asshole!

True that, but I have picked up partners around here quite a bit and have yet to meet anybody on cc.com who misrepresented their qualifications and wasn't up to the climb that we undertook. The only time that I have ever found somebody to have misrepresented their skills was one of the two times in my life that I signed up for a trip with a "guide."

CC.com has a mix of climbers and for sure you might find someone in the partners forum who doesn't pan out, but keep your eyes open and maybe consider for your first climb with a new partner doing a climb where you feel comfortable and I think you'll probably do OK.

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome:Snow_Angel, I have been in Sedro Woolley about 4 weeks, just convincing myself rain is just warm snow! I moved here from Idaho, but from 1984--1997 I climbed on the east coast, if you return for a visit, Red River Gorge, and The New River Gorge are stellar!

There is an Ice Clibiming competition on Dec 13th in Seattle, bound to be rock climbers lurking around as well! Sorry, I don't have the details, but REI would be a good resource. Just by poking around this site, it seems that there is more climbing in the NW than you or I could do in a life time, it is Beckey's old stomping grounds! Anyway, I wish you well!

Big thanks, I will check it out! Also looks like a short drive to Squamish B.C. from here? Probably 2 hours tops? I will check out some of the classic Alpine stuff and when it warms up make some Scouting trips! Love to find some big wall stuff! I am really looking forward to doing Liberty Bell and Prusik Peak! Any recommended routes on those? I am sure to do the Beckey route on Liberty Bell at some point in time! Just looking forward to poking around!