Undecided Voters

prole

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Who are they and can we deport them?

Oh. Great idea asshole. Lets get rid of the only people not poisoned by partisan politics; because partisan politics has worked sooooooooo well for us in the last couple of decades. :)...

It's not being partisan versus non-partisan; it's not being able to discern the difference between someone brown and beaming versus a mound that's steaming.

less than 2 hours til Skeletor goes all Mad Dog n Shit on prime time

The last debate was the most flacidly boring debate I have ever heard. I see no reason to believe that this one will be any different. Oh wait. The VP debate was even more pathetic. This race could have been a good one; tactically and historically. Both sides have succumbed to petty partisan bickering and are acting more like 7 year olds at recess than potential presidents of the USA.

I thought the VP debate was pretty entertaining. I was in a crowded bar, and the crowd thought so, too. So did the press.

Maybe the boring part is in the observer, not the debaters. Maybe, like, you are sofa king kewl that nothing is interesting enough. We really feel your pain, myan.

Edited by tvashtarkatena

Interesting how? Watching a woman who has no idea what she is talking about try to work around the question so she can talk about energy (drilling) again? Or maybe candidates arguing about what Kissinger said? "We'll see!" Give me a break. The only thing that made it entertaining was watching how ill prepared all candidates were for the debate. This is comedy and not exceptionally good comedy. I would rather watch Colbert if I wanted to laugh.

But I know what you mean. That Biden, where'd they get him? 36 years in the Senate, kept his seat despite losing a wife and child and having his two remaining children in critical condition, son going to Iraq, and he couldn't answer a single question. Not one fact at his fingertips. Nada. And the guy never gave a straight answer! Pathetic, really. What a fucking loser.

Now if we had had someone reeeeaaaalllly kewl up there at the podium...if it all wasn't so terribly boring, that is.

Edited by tvashtarkatena

Biden was spoonfed that debate and won. It was like pitting a college student against an 8 year old. Furthermore, I don't really think that what happens in his personal life has much to do with what direction he will take this country. It say much about his character and that is all good and well. Debates are not about such things but rather about setting clear positions and debunking the positions of your adversaries.

These candidates have big fucking mouths when they are mouthing off to the press and their constituency, but suddenly get tongue tied when they confront the adversary.

As of this moment, even if the "undecideds" give McCain Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida and toss in Nevada, Obama still wins the electoral count and gets in!

Tvash may turn out to be right - landslide!

But McCain is impulsive and has many evil friends in high places so anything is still possible (being October and all..)

Um, the October surprise has already happened.

McCain doesn't have many friends in high places, actually. His own party despises him. They nominated him because they're such a bowl of douchebags that they just didn't have anyone better.

As for John boy pulling a rabid dog out of a hat; don't count on it. He's dumb as a post, so he'll continue doing what's killing him. His campaign manager's a one note junkyard dog. The attacks just get more ridiculous as his poll numbers continue to slide. Palin on Obama's minister "I think we should be talking about that relationship more." Um, we did Sarah, in the national press, ad nauseum, and nobody gave a shit. Since you don't read anything, I guess you never got the memo.

McCain's done, the appropriate closing scene for a career shitheel. The only thing left for him to do is fire his hair stylist. W.T.F. is up with the retard cut, John Boy? What, you don't have any mirrors in your 48 room compound?

Edited by tvashtarkatena

The mountain of rubbish poured out about Palin over the past month would rival Everest. What a disgrace for our jabbering army of liberal journalists and commentators, too many of whom behaved like snippy jackasses. The bourgeois conventionalism and rank snobbery of these alleged humanitarians stank up the place. As for Palin’s brutally edited interviews with Charlie Gibson and that viper, Katie Couric, don’t we all know that the best bits ended up on the cutting-room floor? Something has gone seriously wrong with Democratic ideology, which seems to have become a candied set of holier-than-thou bromides attached like tutti-frutti to a quivering green Jell-O mold of adolescent sentimentality.

- Camille Paglia

I will admit that I am completely smitten with Palin, she is the best thing I’ve seen come through politics in a long while. Of course, one can’t deny at this point she is still a bit raw on policy, but she has mega charm, sharp political instincts, and pure authenticity. These are skills you just can’t teach, you either have it or you don’t, and she has it in truck loads.

The reaction of the left and the media really tells us all we need to know about Palin, she will be a force to be reckoned with whether McCain wins or not. They hate her because they fear her, it’s really that simple.

Someone mentioned above about her effect on the politically unmotivated, I can certianly attest to this. Many in my family are very apolitical, but man has she lit a fire of conversation amongst them, and just about all of it is very positive. This country has bascially been destroyed by a buch of ivy league educated lawyers, and were about to get 4 more years from another that will no douubt be worse than the previous 4. I think her opportunity will be in 2012, and once she gains some experience in national politics and sharpens her policy and rhetoric, she will be primed for a very competitive run.

- JBJB

I think if she changed her stance on some issues, dropped the whole folksy schitck, actually travel the world a little to broaden her perspective, started to read, got operation to change her voice to avoid the chalkboard screech that comes out every time she opens her mouth, and a few other things...well I'd be ready to vote for that woman. until then its like nailing jello to a wall.