The Surge?

prole

Guess McCain's not going to be able to take credit for winning the war either.

Satellite images taken at night show heavily Sunni Arab neighborhoods of Baghdad began emptying before a U.S. troop surge in 2007, graphic evidence of ethnic cleansing that preceded a drop in violence, according to a report published on Friday.

The images support the view of international refugee organizations and Iraq experts that a major population shift was a key factor in the decline in sectarian violence, particularly in the Iraqi capital, the epicenter of the bloodletting in which hundreds of thousands were killed...

... "By the launch of the surge, many of the targets of conflict had either been killed or fled the country, and they turned off the lights when they left," geography professor John Agnew of the University of California Los Angeles, who led the study, said in a statement.

"Essentially, our interpretation is that violence has declined in Baghdad because of intercommunal violence that reached a climax as the surge was beginning," said Agnew, who studies ethnic conflict...

..."Our findings suggest that the surge has had no observable effect, except insofar as it has helped to provide a seal of approval for a process of ethno-sectarian neighborhood homogenization that is now largely achieved," Agnew's team wrote in their report.---From Reuters 9/19/08

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In a study released on the surge it was stated that for every 500 buildings searched during the surge only one combatant was captured and most of them after Waterboarding,Sleepdepravation,striped naked and forced to ware dirty underware on there heads all while being photograghed by bored out of their mind CIA dudes were released! In the conclusion of the report it was stated that it cost 40+ million dollars per combatant with billions spent,and not much to show for it!!

Why don't you guys move to Canada if you hate America so much.

Palin/McCain 2008!!!1

I don't know Rob,mayby it's the fact i was born in Renton and raised in kent,or i've never been to Canada and have no inclination to go there,but was just venting on the facts of how wasteful are system is! but the love it or leave it shit is a joke,love it and make it right is more to the point that we as Americans can learn from are fuck ups,and maybe get it right!! Anyway I hope we can!!

Edited by pc313