Ingalls Creek

AlpineMonkey

All summer I have been screwing around and having some fun up Ingalls Creek on dinky stuff. This year we put in 18 routes. Its nothing hardcore; just mellow and fun alpine cragging. I've wraped up my work up there for the year, so for those who might be intrested here's some stuff. This is just some lowland stuff off the trail, I might post some stuff that we've done up in the Knitting, Nightmare Needles if otheres are interested. Not all new routes up there, but very spectaular.

If anyone knows of other rocks that have been cragged on in the area let me know, I'm trying to get a good catalouge of everything. These are just routes that we've done this year, there are at least a hundred or more other routes that have been put up by various climbers over the years.

APPROX. 2 MILES UP TRAIL (40 min trail, 30 min off)

Ingalls_Crk_1.jpg

Ingalls_Crk_2.jpg

APPROX. 3 MI UP TRAIL (50 min trail, 30 min off)

Ingalls_Crk_4.jpg

Ingalls_Crk_5.jpg

APPROX. 7 MILES UP TRAIL (estimate time, 2 hours 10 min trail, 20 min off)

Ingalls_Crk_6.jpg

Ingalls_Crk.jpg

Ingalls_Crk_8.jpg

Ingalls_Crk_9.jpg

(2 hours trail, 20 min off)

Ingalls_Crk_10.jpg

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will probably post a seperate thred pertaining to all the needles, but I added millage and approach time to pictures. If anyone is ever really serious about going climbing anywhere up there (Nightmare Needles, Knitting Needles, Crystal Creek, or surrounding craggs), let me know and I will definitly provide you with beta, plus some. I'll give you my recomendation on what to climb and the best possible way to get there to try to make it easy. It took me a couple trips to get familiar with a lot of area. It's just kind of fun being up there.

That "Cascade Wall" named due to its clossness to Cascade Crk, for example has a killer campsite down on the River and its just 20 min up the hill, brush free once you get there. The climbing is so good and so clean. Cracks like what you might find right off the road in L-worth. It's all good early season stuff to train for other stuff too.

Zero begins at the Ingalls Creek Trail head on Bluett pass. (NOT Ingalls Lake) If you walk 40 min. up the trail you will look up the hill to the N. and see the first set of craggs. Continue on for another 15 min. past the first craggs and keep looking up the hill and you will see numerous crags. Then contuine you on for another hour and 15 min. and you will see another set of craggs perched below the beautiful Nightmare Needles ("Cascade Wall"). Have my pictures in your hands and I think everything will come together fairly quickly. Someday though I might draw out a map of the area. Estimated times are base on being reasonably in shape. Ingalls Crk Trail has very little elevation gain.

And like I said early on, If anybody plans on going up there to cragg or climb in the upper Needles, I suggest letting me know and I could provide you with some info to make your trip a little more enjoyable.