Everest O2 Bottles for Sale

Old_Man

2001 Mt. Everest Oxygen Bottles for Sale

Yes, we brought "that high-altitude junkyard” home with us!

Great for Christmas gifts or your bookcase memento shelf.

</font>

• <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Russian made 4 liter POISK bottles (all empty)</font></li>

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"></font>

• <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Aluminum-Kevlar wrapped (orange)</font></li>

• <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Each bottle weighs around 6.5 pounds empty, and weighed around 7.2 pounds when full.</font></li>

• <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Around 1,200 liter capacity when originally filled. (Figure how long they lasted...by either using 1, 2, or 3 liters of flow per minute.)</font></li>

• <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Fillable only ONCE, and they can't be refilled.</font></li>

• <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Used on the 2001 Mountain Experience 2001 Everest Expedition, where 14 climbers reached the summit.</font></li>

• <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Bottles are in good shape, and expect some chips and camp notes on most bottles (i.e., routing notes and "MX", the name of the expedition)</font></li>

• <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">We've got a dozen of these bottles left!</font></li>

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Selling each bottle for $189 plus shipping. Signed bottles available. Get'em before they go on eBay! Photos coming soon.

For more information about the bottles, send me a PM

Edited by gapertimmy

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

I commend Old Man for bringing the O2 cylinders back instead of leaving them on the mountain. You'll prob find less cycnical customers on eBay.

hopefully they will be a lot more wealthy as well as i would think it difficult to sell a worthless item that can be purchased at many stores locally.

but i do commend you on bringing that stuff back... did you ahve a good trip? summit? [big Drink]

Gotta love those replies; thanks for the nudge to eBay, ChrisT.

Yep, our Sherps were already well paid for carrying every bottle...up and down. Shipped the bottles back home afterwards at great expense, and they're just take'in up room here. Guess better to sell'em than to drop'em off at the dump--here. Like they say about "one man's garbage..."

[sleep]

Yeah I would think E Bay would be a better bet than here. Somebody who doesn't climb would like them especially with the notes on them. Then again Cavey and Alpine K could probably fill them up and use them after they torch up to finish off the climb from muir ......has it been a year already ? Muir on Sat reunion soon? C'mon bring it on.I been workin' out. [Razz]