Public transit illegal?

mattp

It looks like the free market folks, probably some friends of KK and Fairweather, are targetting public transportation.

For big events like Husky Football and Seahawks games, Metro has been providing shuttle service from regional park and ride lots, helping alleviate traffic and parking problems associated with these events. Apparently, there is a new Federal regulation providing that Metro cannot provide transportation to public events if there is a private service that wants the job.

Result: the price for fans to get to Seahawks games will be four times as much and the busses will not pick up passengers actually in the park and ride lots. What do oyou want to bet we'll see an increase in the number of people who elect to drive to the games?

Seattle times

Next thing you know, they'll privatize the campgrounds in National Forests!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks like the free market folks, probably some friends of KK and Fairweather, are targetting public transportation.

Piss off, Matt. Can't you ever bring up an issue without throwing out FW and my name, and attributing supposed beliefs/stands on our part. It's ridiculous.

And, BTW, I don't support this change w/r/t bussing to sporting events. :ass:

Edited by KaskadskyjKozak

Piss off, Matt. Can't you ever bring up an issue without throwing out FW and my name, and attributing supposed beliefs/stands on our part. It's ridiculous.

And, BTW, I don't support this change w/r/t bussing to sporting events. :ass:

fuck off fluff boy. shouldn't you be busy sucking FW's cock?

You are touchy, KK!

After our "transfer of wealth" discussion the other day, I figured you were for private enterprise over public endeavor, so you might argue that public transporation used tax money and was therefore immoral as a transfer of wealth to people who did not serve in the military. But, either way, I was just trying to generate some good discussion. No insult was intended.

I didn't call tou names or tell you to piss off, but:

Piss off. Cocktail hour starts early on Friday's and there's a single malt and a couple of ice cubes waiting for you somewhere.

You are touchy, KK!

After our "transfer of wealth" discussion the other day, I figured you were for private enterprise over public endeavor, so you might argue that public transporation used tax money and was therefore immoral as a transfer of wealth to people who did not serve in the military. But, either way, I was just trying to generate some good discussion. No insult was intended.

I didn't call tou names or tell you to piss off, but:

piss off. Its almost cocktail hour anyway, and there's a single malt waiting for you somewhere.

There. I said it.

here's a clue for you: leave my name out of a topic you are trying to discuss.

I certainly don't start a thread with: "look at this latest BS - MattP must support it!"

Piss off - back at you.

Let’s get rid of publicly subsidized “public transportation” in its entirety. Why the hell should I help pay for someone’s trip to see the Seahawks? Or Huskies? Or ,dare I say it the, Ms!

Get the government out of Public Transportation!

I would add that many laws have been written expressly to make "private" Public transportation uneconomical a best and downright illegal at worse in order to help support "public" public transportation and union workers.

Let’s get rid of publicly subsidized “public transportation” in its entirety. Why the hell should I help pay for someone’s trip to see the Seahawks? Or Huskies? Or ,dare I say it the, Ms!

Get the government out of Public Transportation!

I would add that many laws have been written expressly to make "private" Public transportation uneconomical a best and downright illegal at worse in order to help support "public" public transportation and union workers.

More people on the bus = less traffic for you, so you have a benefit, subsidies benefit you?

What percent of the Metro's costs are subsidized anyways, does someone know?

Let’s get rid of publicly subsidized “public transportation” in its entirety.

I gotta admire your idealism. In a program that cost a total of $257,000.00, Metro provided a subsidy of $38,000.00. The article above said the private provider will charge four times as much so, if you do the math, four times the metro fare receipts of $175,000.00 is $700,000.00. Remember: this program costs $257,000.00 as provided by metro.

Private enterprise is grand? :crazy:

Let’s get rid of publicly subsidized “public transportation” in its entirety.

I gotta admire your idealism. In a program that cost a total of $257,000.00, Metro provided a subsidy of $38,000.00. The article above said the private provider will charge four times as much so, if you do the math, four times the metro fare receipts of $175,000.00 is $700,000.00. Remember: this program costs $257,000.00 as provided by metro.

Private enterprise is grand? :crazy:

I'll bet that subsidy more than pays for the reduction in wasted gas for those who would be even more stuck in stop and go traffic during the game times.

Maybe I can sign up for the Clear Creek road that serves Darrington climbing areas. I'll charge a toll and make a mint! Ph hey: I'll take the Clear Creek campground too. Just like the bus company or Iraq security services, I should be able to score these contracts as a single bidder with no other competitor, right?

Ya Matt your language is telling. You would sign up for the "clear creek road & campground"

Fuck singing up. You'd have to pay for the right to operate the road. Out bid the competition. This would be free markets not some government right handed out to the well connected.

Free your mind.

oh yea Piss off too