Help at Rocky Butte !

billcoe

So last night Ujahn and I went up to top rope those routes to the right of Phylnx. Ujahn set it and rapped. *Boing* WTF? sounded like a bottle being thrown off the cliff noise, I'm sure I heard a bottle. I'm just starting to rap, so I undo it, climb back to the top and as I'm hustling over, hear another *Boing* I hear another as I hustle over.

I see these Russian assholes sitting there drinking. As I indignantly stomp up to them yelling about them throwing bottles I snap this pic with my I-Phone as I'm walking towards them. I'm yelling and getting Aggro, explaining that I will call the police unless they leave. Which the blond dude here say "We going, We going".... and they leave.

Russian_pricks_top_of_Dream_Weaver_small.jpg

20-30 min later I'm down below with Ujahn climbing and hear *Boing*...*Boing*, fairly close. Fuckers had come back and finished tossing off their Bud Light bottles right above us, left the empty 12 pack carton though. I go climbing up there with full intent to kick ass this time. They had left.

I had seen them drinking up there the previous week as well. I'd sat down and stared at them, and they didn't toss any bottles, but put them all back in the case while I was there. Then I left to go bouldering at the top.

Here they are. I've confronted them before, 5 of the jackasses last year, and had a more pleasant talk with 2 others. Somehow they aren't so confrontational when the numbers are not so overwhelming. I've only been to the Butte like 5 times this year and have seen them 3 times, so this is for you Rocky Butte regulars. So what I'm asking is this, if you see any Russians at the top of the cliffs with beer. Just call the police immediately as it's illegal. Even if you do not catch them in the act of throwing, just drinking is illegal. I don't know why they can't drink out of cans, but it's always bottles and they ALWAYS THROW them off as near as I can tell. Last year I picked up a full 5 gallon bucket of glass at the base of Bill's Buttress area. Eventually, they'll move on if we pressure them and we won't be cutting our fingers on shards of glass or worrying about getting beaned.

It sucks that they are fucking it up for everyone, but I've f*ing had it.

The police non-emergency number is 503-833-3333. If you forget, call 911 or 411 or 800-goog or whatever and they'll give it to you.

Here were the shitheads the previous week. They do not appear to have a car, and walk up here, so they must live close.

Cropped_assholes_small.jpg

My last 2 fights have turned out badly, and I tried to swear it off and promised to keep my temper in check, but I'm close to sparkin here. I need help. Please. This could get real real ugly real real fast. No shit. I feel like these fuckers have not regard for my life as they toss these bottles down from 100' up.

Please help.

The police non-emergency number is 503-833-3333

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can help. We need to have a safety break. Be on the ledge tonight if things go right.

Otherwise, I heard overtones of a premeditated self defense argument. It is not likely to work if one of these young men get tossed off the cliff. Your wife and kid will be wondering why papa is in jail.

Maybe we (meaning you) can follow them home and speak with their parents, guardians or probation officers.

They did Jeff. The Officer was a great guy, he mentioned that they had been working on a missing child priority one call and were all busy near systemwide (found the child evidently). By the time I'd even gotten to the top the asswipes were gone anyway.

I think that the Bear Spray might be a hell of an idea. Hate to spray these F*s and have one of them jump up dazed and confused and fall over the cliff. They sit right there on near the edge. Last year, when I confronted the 5 Russian MFers, they started getting pretty frisky and uppity and the party moved back away from the edge as the "discussion" progressed. This time one of them tried to get behind me several times....but I've danced with multiple partners enough times and there was only 2 of em, so they passed.

They did Jeff. The Officer was a great guy, he mentioned that they had been working on a missing child priority one call and were all busy near systemwide (found the child evidently). By the time I'd even gotten to the top the asswipes were gone anyway.

I think that the Bear Spray might be a hell of an idea. Hate to spray these F*s and have one of them jump up dazed and confused and fall over the cliff. They sit right there on near the edge. Last year, when I confronted the 5 Russian MFers, they started getting pretty frisky and uppity and the party moved back away from the edge as the "discussion" progressed. This time one of them tried to get behind me several times....but I've danced with multiple partners enough times and there was only 2 of em, so they passed (last time I got aggro it was 6 cowards and a long time ago, time before was 5 fucks, but I had a knife and gutted one of them right after gouging an eye out on another, which generally gets a bit of respect right there.)

My mom always said if I don't get my temper in check, I'd be dead or in jail for a long time, and she's been close to right so many many times. I grew up and just don't go to that mental condition anymore as it so fucking non-productive.

Guess everyone should give Bill extra good belay or ya might lose an eye or gut... I've only met Bill briefly and he sure seems nice enough from those encounters and his online persona. Everyone who has talked about him has only had kind words and mucho respecto for the guy. That said, everyone has a boiling point and it's the nicest guys that are the most fierce once pushed over the edge.(IMO)

The bear spray sounds good but I'm sure the po-po would be arresting the sprayer for assault, and possible homicide if one of the dumbasses do fall off. I guess this is the reason I have chosen not to visit Rocky Butte yet as I have heard it is plagued by issues like this, or needles, or piles of shit on top, or people having sex, or ... To bad though, cause I hear it has some good routes. Besides, why would I drive an hour to climb in the city when I live a couple minutes from Beacon?

Bill.....you have a temper? Say it an't so.....I dont see it, and I know you.

I got it pretty much under control after almost going to the big house for almost planting big Joe Meneski and his buddy Beaver 6 feet under in one of those brawls that had 5 dudes and me going full on crazy. This was 30 years ago or so. After that, I got invited to do TAiKwanDo and use to round robin full contact spar, full on fighting except you couldn't punch to the head, with 2 Black belts and a Brown belt until we were almost about to drop - one after another 2-3 times a week. Invariably, into the thick of things I'd get angry and start to fire up ...best way to describe it is "Insane out of control Berserking"... the match would be stopped, sometimes with difficulty, until I could regain my senses and sanity. I owe them big for staying with me as I tried to kill them all during these sparing sessions, but eventually I got it under near total control through a gradual process over many many months. It helped that they were all big dudes, well over 6 feet, and the Brown Belt had been state champion wrestler in like 198 or some heavier weight limit...and you all know how small I am.

Now I seek true peace and inner harmony. :kisss:

Besides, these Russian kids look like they'd kick my ass, and I haven't fought anything or anyone for over 32 years now so all those muscles have atrophied as well. Unfortunately, or fortunately, that sense of truth, justice and right hasn't left me, so here I am.

Anyway, back then I was @ 130, now I'm the same height, 165 and according to my wife, much less toned -she grabs the flab on my arms and shakes it while laughing as she says "Billy, what happened? You use to be so strong" :lmao: : as if to emphasis the truth of this point:-).....Nah, not worth it. So...help!? Call the number and hop for a coincidence that a patrolman is free and already cruising your way a few blocks out.

PS, Geoff, thanks BTW for those words!