Calluses on Toes

I can't seem to shake calluses that have grown on a few of my toes, mostly from climbing. They get to be painful after a full day of climbing. Long approaches and de-proaches are painful. I'd like to know some remedies some climbers have used to get rid of calluses or managed them better than I have been able to do.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Be forewarned- the first part of the initial paragraph mentions "bone spur". About five years ago, I had a couple of foot xrays done due to other issues, and the "callouses" on the toes that I had turned out to be bone spurs. (And yes, they were somewhat painful.)

If it's causing lots of pain, I'd see a podiatrist before trying to file away something that may not be, well, "fileable". Just my measly two cents.

Cheers,

Chad

I had what I thought was a callus on my left small toe for most of my life. The podiatrist saw it and said, "that's a wart". Really? "Yes".

He said I could treat it with a salicylate product, but that they were really hard to get rid of. I was persistent and it is gone for good.

had twenty six warts on my hands when i was a kid (10 years old), tried everything. friend of family was a skin doctor and told me about the castor oil trick. told me not to tell anyone else being it x's him out and is a lot cheaper and effective than burning and or freezing. the warts have never returned and i am now 37.

icon_ThingyAmimation.gif

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...