firework sightings from mountain tops?

genepires

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is fun to watch over an active fireworks area on the fourth, but any particular display is not all that impressive from afar. Its cool to watch an area just teaming with fireworks, as you would from Pilchuck, but you really gotta enjoy being on the mountain first, and enjoy the novelty of the fireworks second. Otherwise you or kids will wish you'd just gone to the fireworks.

we used to watch the Seattle fireworks shows from the top of Mount Walker, just south of Quilcene. on a clear 4th it is an awesome way to view the light show...you could take in both the Lake Union and Elliot Bay displays.

of course while there is a way to hike up there, the easiest way to get there is to drive all the way to the summit, so probably not what you're thinking of :[]

many of the eastern oly mountains would probably be good though...brothers, constance, townsend, zion (or maybe zion doesn't have the prefect view of seattle)

I was on the mountain one peak west of Pilchuck for the fourth, specifically to watch fireworks. It was spectacular. While not as stunning and loud as a traditional display, our group enjoyed campfire, smores, solitude, and probably 100 different fireworks displays. It was the most peaceful fireworks display I've seen. Perhaps one day the world will be less violent and fireworks will actually become simply a throwback to more violent days. It's very sad to me that in many parts of the world, real fireworks happen everyday, and usually it means that people die.