First it was Danish cartoons, now it's a movie!

sobo

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the truth about Islam when it is unveiled.

"… Islam and the Quran are part of a fascist ideology that wants to kill everything we stand for in a modern Western democracy."

If we capitulate this is what is coming our way.

… A Muslim murdered a Dutch director who had made a film critical of Islam. He knocked the director off his bike in Amsterdam, shot him repeatedly and then slit his throat.

And the price of telling the truth is.

Wilders doesn't live in Venlo anymore. The target of numerous death threats, Wilders spends his free time in a secret location under constant police protection.

Sorry, that's what I meant. Why aren't they helping us out?

I guess they are setting themselves up as bait. By putting out a movie that will provoke an attack on the film makers, that will draw some radicals out of the woodwork.

They? It's like one dude, who is dubbed "far right" in the cited article.

Do we apply the same logic when one Mulsim kills somebody? No, we sterotype the whole group. Others will stereotype Westerners into one group, just as we do to them.

Does that make it right?

One of our strengths as Americans is our ability to live (or post) with people of different views. Intolerance by either end of the political or religious spectrum weakens the very foundations of a particular belief system.

As I said, WE don't put fatwas on people for writing offensive cartoons. I'm not gonna start shitting all over what Americans do, when those nuts over there are so far worse in their (over)reactions than we are.

To minimize portraying a Prophet of God as a terrorist as simple a cartoon, demonstrates a complete ignorance of the issue and Islam itself.

I'm ignorant concerning the taboos associated with virtually all religions - whether they be observed in the present or are long forgotten relics of an even more barbarous and superstitious past.

Free people should feel no compunction whatsoever to conduct themselves in accordance with a particular religion's taboos, nor should they exempt any religion from the criticism or scrutiny applied to other systems of belief.

Free people should feel no compunction whatsoever to conduct themselves in accordance with a particular religion's taboos, nor should they exempt any religion from the criticism or scrutiny applied to other systems of belief.

+5

Does that make it right?

One of our strengths as Americans is our ability to live (or post) with people of different views. Intolerance by either end of the political or religious spectrum weakens the very foundations of a particular belief system.

What are the proper limits to the said tolerance, in your estimation?

Youch! Good one, there...

Cutting to the quick. I see where you're going.

It has to work both ways, Hendershot, or it doesn't work at all.

BTW, has anyone clicked on the movie yet? I have to wait until I can view it while not connected to my company server. Somehow, I think I'd receive yet another proxy server warning... :rolleyes: