Chair NEB still in. Lost radio...

CascadeClimber

Lost a yellow FRS radio on the first pitch today. Would be nice to get it back if anyone happens to find it.

Getting up to the notch above the basin was perhaps the worst wallow I've experienced in the Cascades- that side was wind loaded with snow up to chest deep. Slogga slogga. The NEB is still in good shape. The waterfall is a bit aerated from the sun hitting it, but took screws just fine.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In my non-expert opinion conditions were quite stable. The recent snow fell on a wet, soft suface to which is it reasonably well bonded. There were some very minor sluffs on south facing slopes caused by snow falling out of trees. We didn't cause even a sluff coming down the descent couloir or slogging down the basin to our skis in snow up to thigh deep.

lots more freshies up in the hills from yesterday. we bailed on Chair today to climb Das Toof since it was easier approaching up yesterday's ski tracks... had to use a shovel to get up to Pineapple Pass! literally a shoulder/head high trench for the better part of 70M! the SF is snowy and dripping, but pretty fun. warm enough to climb w/o gloves today. many sluffs on S and E aspects. reasonable stability on other aspects, although I did get a CTM15 Q2, just above source lake on a N facing slope. looked like the interface between the last two storm cycles. no whumphing/cracks anywhere.

your radio is likely gone loren, sorry.

Thanks for the beta. I was going to head up Chair on Sunday but we decided to go to Vantage instead due to the avy conditions. Vantage was sunny, warm and a little crowded. It was a nice change from the wet side of the state, but not the same as going up into the mountains.

lots more freshies up in the hills from yesterday. we bailed on Chair today to climb Das Toof since it was easier approaching up yesterday's ski tracks... had to use a shovel to get up to Pineapple Pass! literally a shoulder/head high trench for the better part of 70M!

your radio is likely gone loren, sorry.

Nothing like some classic Cascades wallowing :) How the NE Slab look?

I figured the radio was a goner. No worries.

L