• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
rmncwrtr

Woodworking help needed

A little scared, too. I didn't think it right to ask one to take a picture first when they thought I was going to have to go to the hospital. Unfortunately, a self-portrait wasn't possible.

You're welcome to use mine. :wave:

Chainsaw_gash.jpg

(chainsaw kicked back, went airborne, and flew into my shin while working on a log railing.)

shin, it's what's for dinner.

Your pic didn't seem to indicate the presence of much gristle.

Besides, it'd be like chewing jerkey anyway. And I love jerkey!

A little scared, too. I didn't think it right to ask one to take a picture first when they thought I was going to have to go to the hospital. Unfortunately, a self-portrait wasn't possible.

You're welcome to use mine. :wave:

Chainsaw_gash.jpg

(chainsaw kicked back, went airborne, and flew into my shin while working on a log railing.)

Yeah, blood and chainsaws. :noway:

I went to the emergency room a couple times over that one. I've taken one employee and a former boss to the hospital because of chainsaw cuts.

If you're going to use a chainsaw a lot in the woods I recommend kevlar chaps. You can get kevlar gloves too.

850_01_500.gif

Nice woodwork despite the blood rmncwrtr.

...I recommend kevlar chaps...

850_01_500.gif

Are they available in assless?

Dude they're chaps. They aren't a fashion statement. You wear them to protect the most likely part of your body to get tagged by a running or idling chainsaw chain.

Kurt,

C'mom, man. It's me you're talking to. I know what chaps are for.

I just wanted to pick up a pair, but I wanted the assless variety. sickie

Wouldn't "assed" chaps simply be...pants? :lmao:

yep! by definition chaps are assless right?

Kurt,

C'mom, man. It's me you're talking to. I know what chaps are for.

I just wanted to pick up a pair, but I wanted the assless variety. sickie

Actually I bought a pair of Husqvarna kevlar pants, but I only wore them a couple times since they're way to hot to wear and get any work done without sweating quarts of water. The kevlar is only on the front side though.

OMFD you guys. A guy tries to make a little joke about 8911.jpg and what does it all become?

Yeesh! :rolleyes::laf:

8911.jpg

Nice, Sobo. Just don't sneak up behind him with a chainsaw. :lmao:

Feck, I was given a pair of those Husky chaps as a get-well gift after my accident. Good idea. :tup: