NOAA Cascade forecast messed up?

counterfeitfake

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Classically, I figured it out seconds after posting. Just click that brown map again for the forecast. Actually pretty cool.

Man, if this is how I react to change now, I can't wait to be elderly...

the only thing missing is the freezing levels...you can kind of interpolate what they would be, but I can't say that I prefer this new format

The reason for the new format is that they are trying to get to a forecast by each of the 5KM pixels. They will give forecasts for precipitation by each of those pixels in the future.

Seriously, I was told this last year by the national weather service (NWS). NOAA doesn't actually do the forecasts, it is officially the NWS. The NWS is a subsidiary department of NOAA.

The reason for the new format is that they are trying to get to a forecast by each of the 5KM pixels. They will give forecasts for precipitation by each of those pixels in the future.

Seriously, I was told this last year by the national weather service (NWS). NOAA doesn't actually do the forecasts, it is officially the NWS. The NWS is a subsidiary department of NOAA.

I highly doubt they would waste their time giving you a "new" forecast every 5 km..possibly I misunderstood you..however maybe you are thinking that they are planning on a running a finer grid model, a 5km grid, over the N cascades.

there are finer such as 1.3 km..they just dont "look" out too far..need more power!

I highly doubt they would waste their time giving you a "new" forecast every 5 km..possibly I misunderstood you..however maybe you are thinking that they are planning on a running a finer grid model, a 5km grid, over the N cascades.

there are finer such as 1.3 km..they just dont "look" out too far..need more power!

It is a forecast for every 5KM square area. And yes it is true.

For example, click on Stampede Pass and mark down the temperatures for the forecast. Then click on Lester, and notice the temperatures forecast. They will be different. They haven't done this before for locations that are so close together. It is just starting. In the future will be precipitation and wind too.