Barack

olyclimber

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Angela Davis on Obama:

He is being consumed as the embodiment of colour-blindness. It's the notion that we have moved beyond racism by not taking race into account. That's what makes him conceivable as a presidential candidate. He has become the model of diversity in this period, and what is interesting about his campaign is that it has not sought to invoke engagements with race other than those that have already existed.

This Republican administration is the most diverse in history. But when the inclusion of black people into the machine of oppression is designed to make that machine work more efficiently, then it does not represent progress at all. We have more black people in more visible and powerful positions. But then we have far more black people who have been pushed down to the bottom of the ladder. When people call for diversity and link it to justice and equality, that's fine. But there's a model of diversity as the difference that makes no difference, the change that brings about no change.

Angela Davis is a former Black Panther and academic.---from Guardian 1/25/08

Apples and oranges brother….IMO. That is not the same as sending 180,000 of our troops over to Iraq because (as Mattp stated) those damn people over there built there country on top of our oil. We are actively occupying a country that did not attack us. And it is a proven fact that there were no WMD there. We were lied too…….Why are we still there? Money. Republicans = money.

hehe. the only thing worse than a republican apologist is a democratic apologist (since i share more values with the democrats).

BARACK OBAMA SUPPORTS DRUG-USERS AND CRIMINALS! ARE WE AS A NATION READY FOR THIS TYPE OF MORAL DECAY? I BELIEVE IN A DECENT AMERICA, THE ONE I FOUGHT FOR IN VIETNAM, WHILE SELF-SERVING WAR-PROTESTERS BACK HOME SMOKED MARIJUANA AND FOUGHT AGAINST AMERICA!

MCCAIN IN '08!

BARACK OBAMA SUPPORTS DRUG-USERS AND CRIMINALS! ARE WE AS A NATION READY FOR THIS TYPE OF MORAL DECAY? I BELIEVE IN A DECENT AMERICA, THE ONE I FOUGHT FOR IN VIETNAM, WHILE SELF-SERVING WAR-PROTESTERS BACK HOME SMOKED MARIJUANA AND FOUGHT AGAINST AMERICA!

MCCAIN IN '08!

Are you serious?

BARACK OBAMA SUPPORTS DRUG-USERS AND CRIMINALS! ARE WE AS A NATION READY FOR THIS TYPE OF MORAL DECAY?

Agreed. Who the fuck cares. We as a nation need to get over this.

no shit. i wonder though if the effect of such tactics is changing as the demographics change....

link

Great, now clinton's in on it too!

:lmao: i'd forgotten about that.

recently W professed that it was his faith helped him overcome alcohol. i'm sure you can imagine how impressed i am w/that :rolleyes:

I wonder what drugs Kim Jong Il takes.

the question might be what drugs SHOULD Kim Jong Il be taking.