• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
Terminal_Gravity

Wanted-Bibler Tripod

Does anyone want to sell theirs or know where I can buy a new one at less than retail. I prefer long.

Alternately, I welcome any comments (spray) on what you think is a better single shelter.

My lady friend has one of those (sorry-not for sale)... frown.gif" border="0

She loves it for backpacking, but is probably not the best bivi for technical climbing. smile.gif" border="0

If you want something that will work better in a small bivi spot (like a snow hole or a small ledge) go with the climbers version of the regular Bibler bivi sac. It comes with a tie in loop that is sewn through and sealed.

[ 11-04-2001: Message edited by: lambone ]

I personally would go with an integral designs bivy, it's a little smaller than the bibler and just as bomber, it's not as much of a tent though.If you're still wanting a bibler though I could probably get one to you for about $260, I would have the check on that if you're interested.Let me know.

Jarred

Beta on Bibler Tripod bivy suggests the way the poles are put in the bivy makes them prone to wear/tear/ failure. Have you tried setting one of these up in a store? Very suspect on how the foot hoop is attached as well- I'd recommend the standard Bibler Big Wall bivy, plenty of room in there to read a book, eat, store gear, they are the roomiest single bivy sack I've ever seen!

Thank you all for the info. I think that I'd better get in a few in the stores before I decide on one. My problem is that the nearest store is 4 hours away.

Beck, I am suprised that there is as much room as you say in the Big Wall. That makes it much more atractive.

i have the tripod and use it a lot. it's more of a one person tent than a bivy bag. even with lots of practice it's still a pain to set up, and no, it's not good on small ledges. that said, it is very comfortable inside and i have slept through snow and rainstorms where people in standard bags have been extremely miserable. you might get an ok deal from northernmountain.com

I also have one, which I traveled through Australia and then NewZealand with. Wasn't in snow, but the thing is bomber in tropical rain storms, and humidity. They are right when they say it is a little more like a tent than a bivi bag though. but you can vent the door, even in the rain which makes for a more pleasnt night.

good luck [chubit]