Wanted-Bibler Tripod

Terminal_Gravity

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My lady friend has one of those (sorry-not for sale)... frown.gif" border="0

She loves it for backpacking, but is probably not the best bivi for technical climbing. smile.gif" border="0

If you want something that will work better in a small bivi spot (like a snow hole or a small ledge) go with the climbers version of the regular Bibler bivi sac. It comes with a tie in loop that is sewn through and sealed.

[ 11-04-2001: Message edited by: lambone ]

• 2 weeks later...

Beta on Bibler Tripod bivy suggests the way the poles are put in the bivy makes them prone to wear/tear/ failure. Have you tried setting one of these up in a store? Very suspect on how the foot hoop is attached as well- I'd recommend the standard Bibler Big Wall bivy, plenty of room in there to read a book, eat, store gear, they are the roomiest single bivy sack I've ever seen!

i have the tripod and use it a lot. it's more of a one person tent than a bivy bag. even with lots of practice it's still a pain to set up, and no, it's not good on small ledges. that said, it is very comfortable inside and i have slept through snow and rainstorms where people in standard bags have been extremely miserable. you might get an ok deal from northernmountain.com

• 1 month later...

I also have one, which I traveled through Australia and then NewZealand with. Wasn't in snow, but the thing is bomber in tropical rain storms, and humidity. They are right when they say it is a little more like a tent than a bivi bag though. but you can vent the door, even in the rain which makes for a more pleasnt night.

good luck [chubit]