Gettting to Portland, Noah's Ark style!

JoshK

OK, so tomorrow I need to get to Portland. WSDot says only essential travel only, and damn right, our Tool concert is essential travel. These morons also tell me to go through Yakima and the Tri-cities to get there due to a tiny 20 mile closure of I-5 due to flooding.

So...my question for all you brilliant people is what is the best way to bypass this MP 68->88 section of I-5, other than the "detours" the DOT is suggesting? A quick glance at the map shows me various options with SR7 and US12 and some other roads I don't recognize.

Any help greatly appreciated... :S

-j

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

TY for the replies. Yeah, i figured the more they discourage it, it'll cut down on a lot of the people that actually think it'll be a 7 hour drive. :)

I am already popping xanax to withstand the the onslaught of patience-destroying logging trucks going 25mph on 7 and 12.

ps, I think the reason WSDOT is discouraging travel & pointing to a huge detour on freeways is because typical SEA-PDX traffic would bring 7 & 12 to a standstill.

I agree. I do think the Yakima detour is the best--becuase other people are thinking exactly like you are. Especially the truckers where time and distance is money.