Injustice

KaskadskyjKozak

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not sure what the law reads in his state. But is he able to sue? Maybe get some money out of it.

no amount of money can make up for 22 years in the slammer, but yeah, it would be cool if he could get enough cash to live a comfortable life to ripe old age

I agree.....but if he could get a few million for some sort of wrongful imprisonment suit. But I do recall my wife telling me some time ago about a law that protects the state from law suits from this sort of thing…..I think the guy is screwed.

Forget the lawsuits, the state should just pay something fair in these cases. Totally pathetic.

Define fair? I mean really I would say five million is fair…..others might say wages lost is fair…..

average salary in the state for 22 years plus 3x for damages, as I stated above.

That seems fair for physical damages, but what about mental damages? How does one measure the affects of 22 years of wrongful imprisonment?

there is no amount that can replace 22 years of ones life. YOu don't get that back.

I agree but a cool 5 to 10 million so he would never have work again and sit on a beach in the bahamas and live out his life would say something.