Sport pitch on Snibble tower?

jlag

Got on Snibble a few weeks ago. As per FGW we went up the 5.9 bolted pitch to the left of the initial wide crack. Avoided the aid by going up some random steep bolted pitch. Starts on the slab and then rears up on a sharp flake to a bulge. Anyone been on this? It felt about 10d/11a, sport bolted. It ends up right at the belay before the 5.7 slab gulley(pitch 4 of original Snibble route).

just thought i'd give it a try. We rapped off due to cold temps, we'll be back when it warms up for an all free ascent of Snibble Tower.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a way better start and I felt it was 10b/c.

which pitch are you referring to as being 10b/c? the second pitch 'alternate' is rated 11a *i think*. the first is 10a. i'm down in yosemite or i'd look it up to be sure.

in reality, neither of these are truly alternate starts, only used as such. they are independent lines that climb to the top of the formation.

Pretty much exactly what i thought. 10a seems a bit of a stretch for the first pitch, although pretty adventury feeling.

2nd pitch is amazing, as long as the flake holds together. Did you put either of those pitches up Markd?

JL

Did you put either of those pitches up Markd?

JL

i didn't bolt any of the climbs on that wall; they are ryan lawson and thomas emde routes. i believe the pitches being referred to were later added as a direct start to the route above. ( the 5.12a )

• 1 month later...
good to know. snibble is an awesome route. what do you all do after the great 5.9 corner pitch up high.

Single "bolt" + gear belay. Then a 4th-low 5th traverse down, across, then up a gully to the backside trail, ~300' of choss simulclimb.