M E C quality questions

turn_one

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been very satisfied with every MEC garment I have purchased. The quality is good, the prices are decent, and the designs are functional without un-needed frills. The only thing I don't like is the zipper pull on their jackets are on the other side (like a womens jacket). Not a big deal, just takes a little getting used too.

quote:

Originally posted by Geek the Greek:

Yep, MEC rocks. Biggest pain in the ass, though, is that they will only ship their own brand stuff to "foreign" (as in, outside Canada) addresses. So no cheap Arc'T packs by mail - you have to drive up to the store to get them!

supposedly they are limiting the us graymarket that way. obviously the mfgers cant impose the same agreement on barabbe's etc.

• 2 weeks later...

Take I-5 to Canadian border, continue up Hwy 99 into Vancouver. Once the freeway ends, you're on Oak st. You can take that all the way to Broadway (9th Ave), but it's usually quicker to turn right on 41st, then left on Cambie. In either case, turn right onto Broadway, go three blocks past Cambie to Columbia, turn right and immediately left into the alley and parking.

Make sure you have a loonie! (That's a Canadian $1 coin) . If you go straing from the US, you have to go to a 7-11 or something first (there's one at Broadway and Oak) to get change for the parking meter. The parking attendants are nazis and I have gotten two tickets because of that. That $1 loonie will clear you for 2 hours of MEC madness...