Cold Cold World packs

Dustin_B

Who out there has one of this company’s packs, do you like it, and why? Would you buy another pack from this company? How long does it take to custom order one? I am thinking of getting either The Chernobyl or The Valdez. Their packs look awesome.

One concern I have: They only offer a small and medium in the Chernobyl and they say “our size medium/regular fits people 5'7" to 5' 10" while a large fits those over 5' 10" ”. I am about 6’2”. Has any “taller” person had problems with a medium being to small for them? The Valdez only comes in one size; has any “taller” person had a problem with that one? Thanks.

--Dustin

Cold Cold World Packs product page

in case the link doesn't work www.coldcoldworldpacks.com

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got a CCW. The bigger one, whatever it's called. I think the waist belt could be improved upon, but it's a great 3-day-trip pack. I also use it for ice-climbing since it's plenty big enough to hold everything inside (I avoid tangles with the brush more that way) including a bulky, unstuffed jacket).

Dustin B,

I've had a Chernobyl 10 years, from the first year they came out commercially (no tubes, different compression system) ... it bin veady, veady gut to me .... great durability, bomber craftsmanship and materials. I have used for everything from a day ice climbing to 3-4 days trips.

I plan on buying a Valdez soon for those day/minimal over nighters soon.

I highly recommed them.

Wes

I bought a CCW Chaos for Denali this year and was very pleased with it, although it has started to change color a bit due to UV. But for a pack of it's size it's one of the lightest things around. I put some big loads in it no problem. It doesn't have a frame (hence the weight saving) but seemed pretty comfortable.

[ 11-03-2002, 10:08 PM: Message edited by: Ade ]

Randy has being making them for over a decade…I have one of the original Chernobyl for over 8 years now and still looking brand new after all of the abuse I subjected it to.

CCW is the ONLY company out of the NE that didn’t sell out like others (IE Wild Things etc) I will buy with confidence and say hello to Randy

BTW his pictures, wood carving and art is gorgeous

[Wazzup]

[ 11-01-2002, 12:09 PM: Message edited by: IceIceBaby ]

I purchased a Chernobyl in 93 and have used it for everything imaginable since. Nothing but good to say about it. Only change I have made is to add another pad in the pad pocket to get a better bivy set-up. [big Grin]

The pack is really really durable and has taken all sorts of abuse. I have used it on many a 2-3 day summer trip as well as ice climbing.