Terminal_Gravity

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by erik:

check out the leki ti poles....

i have them and they are nice and light...not sure how light though....i only measure in grams for one thing...

I've looked at them, I think they are about 375g; not bad at all but 7-9oz translates to 200-250. Maybe I'm dreaming.

The problem I have with leki is the crimp that holds the little expansion device can wear and fail. It may be different on the Ti than it is on the alloy though...dunno. I also have scraped the shit out of my shin once when a pole loosened up. Which leki will do if you get some twist of the lower shaft when it catches between rocks. I can imagine a suprise pole retraction could cause a serious fall if you were on the edge. So I don't think my next poles will be leki's. Thanks for the suggestion though.

TG the only way to go with collapsible poles are the Black Diamond flicklocks, it's the only bomber adjustable poles out there- but thery're not light, like 7oz each,

why do you need the extrlite? seems there'd by a tradeoff with durability, if you want really light look into XC racing poles but they're mostly made of carbon fiber and probably wouldn't take any extended rock bashing.

You said no 3 sections but check out the "ultralite" Komperdells at Sierra Trading Post.

I like the 3 sections because you can take them on technical climbs for the descent. These are 20 oz for the pair, according to the web page and if I am going really lite I only take one.

[ 10-22-2002, 05:37 PM: Message edited by: jaee ]