Trango Plus

troubleski

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are they new? Do they fit your foot? If yes, then they are worth $160, IMHO. I like mine for just about any summer climbing, from volcanoes to alpine. I've heard that the Trango S is a little more comfortable for walking (a bit more rocker?) but I can't compare since i've never worn the S.

• 2 weeks later...

I like my Trango s' except that they came unstitched at the heel on both boots in a total of 4 spots. I guess they fixed that on the second go at 'em, as there is a second row of stitching. The trangos's are a LB lighter that the old trango's and they have more rocker and and extra layer of cushon on the bottom. One word of advice though, the La Sportiva costomer service sucks!!!! (and don't bother contradicting me because I have copious emails going back and forth on the issue.) What this means is do not buy them online from europe, or while traveling in europe.

I fixed mine with a big needle and gore dental floss.

quote:

Originally posted by COL. Von Spanker:

What this means is do not buy them online from europe, or while traveling in europe.

that'll teach you! [Roll Eyes] if you'd bought them at your local small friendly mountain shop you wouldn't have had any problems getting them fixed or getting new ones. for a different reason than your problem, the trango s was initially recalled ... that's partly why they weren't around all summer.

quote:

Originally posted by COL. Von Spanker:

I like my Trango s' except that they came unstitched at the heel on both boots in a total of 4 spots. I guess they fixed that on the second go at 'em, as there is a second row of stitching. The trangos's are a LB lighter that the old trango's and they have more rocker and and extra layer of cushon on the bottom. One word of advice though, the La Sportiva costomer service sucks!!!! (and don't bother contradicting me because I have copious emails going back and forth on the issue.) What this means is do not buy them online from europe, or while traveling in europe.

I fixed mine with a big needle and gore dental floss.

This come to tell you what I preached for very long time...

Sportiva Customers service SUCKS. and thier qulity lately had degraded trumendesly BUT thier price remain the same or even increased!!!!!!!...

IMHO,

The best boots I had experience with lately are the Salomon Pro-Ice one great boot (and build to last u a good amount of seasons)

My second choice will be Garmont great boots as well

Personally I have made it my personal mission NOT BUY SPORTIVA just because that those wankers have the worse reputation as OVER PRICED BOOTS, MEDIOCRE QUALITY and THE WORLD WORST "customers service" (an oxymora term when come to La Sportiva)

[Mad][hell no]

[ 10-28-2002, 01:13 PM: Message edited by: IceIceBaby ]