Climbing Forum?

roadking

Man, no mountain is worth a death. Life is far too precious and wonderful to even THINK that climbing a mountain is worth dying for. Its not that difficult to "not be normal". Seriously, just have a BMI that is lower 27 and you'll beat the bell curve. I'd rather die when I'm 97, happy in my warm bed with a lifetime of memories in the mountains. That beats the bottom of some cold, black lonely crevasse any day!

How old are you?

Edited by i_like_sun

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

97 now thats being pretty hopeful.Im not sayin a mtn is worth dying for im just saying that if it happens when im out in the mountains I would not regret my decision to start climbing at all. and im 78 lying in a hospital bed at home cuz i smoked my whole life and i wish i would have climbed instead of the path i took. Seriously though im 23 and i have been an athlete my whole life and i know at my age i may have a jaded outlook on the world and death specifically, but if what i posted came off as im some suicidal punk who wants to die while climbing because i think its a sex way to go thats just not true. I have turned around on Rainier twice this year because of a white outs and high winds. But i see where you're comin from.

Cool. Just checking with the whole suicidal thing. I'm 23 too, and believe me, equally as retarded (thats a compliment by the way);

I see what you are saying, and I fully agree with you. My earlier post was mainly because of some close friends with stories of dead partners. One in particular, this guy "Earl" I know, he had a partner die on the north ridge of mt. Stuart years ago. He was smashed by a Volkswagen sized boulder, and Earl escaped with a dislocated shoulder. Since then, Earl has said "I've been alive twenty more years than Sam. That is a lot of life and a lot of wonderful time with my daughters..." This really struck home for me. Death is so close, and so easy to achieve, yet life takes energy and constant awareness.

Because I am so young, I usually feel utterly unstoppable. Despite having had so many injuries and fall back from pushing too hard. Its the curse.

Yeah I agree thats why they draft 18 year olds cuz they are all indestructable. And the white out turn around holds a bit of a wierd place for me cuz my only real climbing partner who is in the navy going through buds(therefore we dont get much of a chance to climb together) tried a winter ascent of rainer a few years back and they both almost died when his friend fell off a 50 foot cliff into the abyss. He anchored their rope and hoped for the best he end up feeling a tug a few hours later and his friend made it back up ok but they almost died from the storm and had to break into the muir shelter to use the emergency radio.

My butt doesn't hurt, and I didn't get a PM.

Yeah, I feel so left out! Maybe I just need to insult him...

Hey, you're the love-child of my mailman, Janet Jackson, AND Tvashtarkatena

I wish...your mailman had been outta town that day.

are you saying you wish for a threesome with JJ & my mailman? you prevert.

I still haven't got a PM!? What can I do to incite roadking's to holy ire?

I dont know I guess me and Pink are just lucky, I felt kinda honored that someone who spends so much time climbing that everyone else is a poser compared to him felt it was so important to send me a personal message that he took his very valuable time to make me feel special.