Bunnies are rad!

i_like_sun

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

looks like a wild cottontail.

Feed it 'til it gets some meat on it, then put it in a pot.

UUUUUUUUhhhhhmmmmmm, YEAH, she sort of IS a wild cottontail.

I found her a few weeks ago out highway 20. She looked super weak and completely dosile, and when I went up to her she wasn't affraid. I might be wrong, but this usually means an animal is not well! Because she was so valnerable, my gf and I decided to take her home with us and try and build her up a bit. Its been three weeks and she's starting to gain weight and look super healthy. Because she is a wild breed, she probably wouldn't make the best house pet, so I'm thinking of taking her back to the wild in a month or so....

She is so damn cute....... She just bounces and flops and flails around my house like there are lizards eating her toes! My only dilemma is that she deposits black pellets EVERYWHERE, and sometimes leaves a pool of chalky urine.

Yep.

Edited by i_like_sun

I was way out highway 20 two weeks ago and saw this five inch bunny chilling in the grass. She looked too young to be away from her mother, but there was no sign of her. So, I went up and sat down next to her and she just sort of sat there completely unafraid. After a while I picked her up, and she started licking my hand. At that point, I probably made a big mistake and decided to "rescue her from certain death by hawk".

Dude, you should take her back to highway 20. Just on the edge of Marblemount there is a resort that doubles as a bunny refuge. That is where everybody else leaves their bunnies after trying to "rescue" them from the wild. Maybe you've seen them. If you go through late at night (like after doing Eldorado in a day - something like that) then you can drop it off without having to pay the rescue fee... though they call it a donation.

looks like a wild cottontail.

Feed it 'til it gets some meat on it, then put it in a pot.

UUUUUUUUhhhhhmmmmmm, YEAH, she sort of IS a wild cottontail.

I found her a few weeks ago out highway 20. She looked super weak and completely dosile, and when I went up to her she wasn't affraid. I might be wrong, but this usually means an animal is not well! Because she was so valnerable, my gf and I decided to take her home with us and try and build her up a bit. Its been three weeks and she's starting to gain weight and look super healthy. Because she is a wild breed, she probably wouldn't make the best house pet, so I'm thinking of taking her back to the wild in a month or so....

She is so damn cute....... She just bounces and flops and flails around my house like there are lizards eating her toes! My only dilemma is that she deposits black pellets EVERYWHERE, and sometimes leaves a pool of chalky urine.

Yep.

so umm

you stole this babby from it's momma

mommie bunnies leave there kids all day and come back at dusk.

:cry: